Choosing a pediatric dentist for your child is important, and parents want to know their child is in good hands and receiving the very best care. For those patients that have special needs, it is important for parents to find a dentist they are comfortable with. At Art of Pediatric Dentistry, we provide exceptional pediatric dental care in Bellevue, WA for our patients. We welcome autistic patients and patients that have special needs.
Pediatric dentists attend two to three years of training after dental school to help them understand all of the unique needs to treat pediatric patients. This training includes children with autism. Any medical appointment can be a challenge to both the parent and child, and finding the right dentist is essential.
Oral hygiene is important and bringing your child to the dentist helps to ensure their teeth look great and are free of decay. Our pediatric dentist, Dr. Yu Ong will ensure that your child has a positive experience and feels comfortable and relaxed when they visit our office. We make many adjustments during the visit to make the appointment run smoothly.
What Are the Benefits of Taking Your Child to a Pediatric Dentist?
- Pediatric dentists are trained to work with children, and to treat children with autism or special needs. Our staff has also been trained how to handle children with special needs. We work together with the parent and patient to ensure there is a positive experience in our pediatric dental office in Bellevue, WA
- Our Bellevue pediatric practice is kid friendly, and the way the staff handles each procedure helps to make children feel comfortable during their visit. If your child is sensitive to light or sounds we have the ability to turn the lights down, and make adjustments in the room to help make the appointment run smoothly.
- If needed we offer nitrous oxide or “laughing gas”, conscious sedation, and general anesthesia to help our special needs patients get through a dental procedure. These options are safe, and allow our doctors to treat patients easily if they require a complicated procedure. We take these options very seriously, and only use these methods when absolutely necessary. All medical conditions are considered, and a medical exam is required before any sedation is done.
- Communication is key when you take your child to their dentist appointment. Our staff is trained to communicate before, during, and after any treatment. This helps to ensure the parent and pediatric patient are comfortable, and are aware of what is needed every step of the way.
- Our pediatric dental office in Bellevue, WA is decorated in kid friendly colors, and we provide games and entertainment for the kids.
- Pre-visits are available to have the parents and child meet Dr. Yu Ong and his staff, discuss any sensory issues or concerns, and see the exam room. This allows the parent to prepare their child for the visit to our office, and gives our staff the opportunity to brief the parent with details on their child’s appointment.
- Our patients are provided with small toys after their visit, and this gives them something to look forward to when they visit our office.
How Should I Go About Switching Dentists?
Once you have made the decision to switch dentists you can focus on finding your new practice. Making sure the new dentist is a good fit is important, and there are many things to consider. Think about what type of dental practice you would like for you and your family. Would a family practice work better and if so, make sure the new practice can provide all of the necessary services for your entire family. Research if the practice offers orthodontics if you have teenagers, should you need that type of treatment. This will help to eliminate the need for switching dentists again in the future.
Do your research and check out some online reviews to read about the dentist’s certifications or background. Read about the mission statement to understand the practice values, and how the practice is run. Make sure the facility is updated, and has the latest technology and advanced procedures available.
Once you have done your research and have found a dentist you think may be a good fit, schedule a visit to check out the practice. This way you can see firsthand if you are comfortable, and if your family would benefit from joining the practice.
When visiting the office take mental notes of important things such as how you are treated during your visit, and how long it takes you to get to and from the practice. Ask the staff if you can have a tour of the office to ensure the practice meets your expectations.
Looking for a Pediatric Dentist or Special Needs Dentist in Bellevue, WA?
If you are looking to find a pediatric or special needs dentist in Bellevue, WA, our team is here to help. Dr. Yu Ong strives to provide the very best care for our special needs patients, and ensure when they visit our office they have a positive experience. We know choosing the right pediatric dentist is important, and part of our consultation process is to get to know our patients, and understand what we can do to help make their visit exceptional.
If you are looking to schedule a dental exam for your child, contact our Bellevue pediatric dentist and we will be happy to assist you!